Quickthree Solutions: Unique Solutions for Common Problems.
Quickthree Solutions Inc. invents, designs, and manufactures unique, portable, industrial equipment. The Quickthree products (patents pending) integrate environmental awareness and efficient design making them the enlightened choice for the markets they serve. Founded and manufacturing facilities in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. To better serve our customers Quickthree operates its sales and business development office in Calgary, Alberta.
Quickthree Solutions’ design philosophy is to always keep our focus on function. We understand that when equipment is in the field, it just has to work. Our design philosophy is a pyramid with function at its peak then quality, safety, simplicity and serviceability as the cornerstones.
High-tech is great in the right place. That’s why we use the latest 3D CAD software for design and development, but when the equipment is deployed to remote locales with harsh conditions, simple is better. We design utilizing proven, easily accessible parts and build equipment that can be repaired quickly with basic tools. Our designs always keep the end user in mind: we know if we can make your job easier then we’ve done ours right.
- Alvin HermanVP of Product DevelopmentOver his 40-year career Alvin has owned and operated businesses focused primarily in the Agricultural and Industrial manufacturing sectors. A prolific inventor, Alvin has consistently applied innovative ideas to existing and emerging industrial process challenges. Prior to the launch of Quickthree, Alvin provided consulting services to the oil and gas service industry through Hermco Enterprises Inc. (Hermco). Hermco consulted primarily in the area of site optimization and oil and gas service equipment design with a client list that included one of the world's largest oilfield service companies. From 2005 to 2009, Alvin was the President of Sandcastle Enterprises Ltd. (Sandcastle). Sandcastle developed and manufactured an innovative sand silo with the associated patent ultimately being acquired. Alvin's long list of Agricultural and Industrial innovations include:
- - Side delivery, centre unloading, corner-less, hopper silo, currently manufactured by Quickthree.
- - Quickstand Proppant Silo - side delivery, centre unloading and capable of gravity feeding directly to the blender.
- - Quickstand trailer - a transport, erection and retrieval system that is safe, fast and efficient which is not limited to any silo or equipment type where the footprint utilization is paramount and the portability, erection and retrieval of equipment is required.
- - Quickstand 70 Guar Silo is being designed as a closed guar site storage and delivery system with total dust containment.
- - "Never pin"; single disk, zero tillage, seed opener, licensed to Morris Industries.
- - "Mud Slinger", specialty oilfield equipment, patent held by Reef Mud.
- - "Barney Bin", a square-profile, 125 tonne, two compartment frac sand bin.
- - Autonomous multi-compartment low pressure horizontal cement silo.
- - Pneumatic product injector.
- - Pneumatic particle separator.
- - Pneumatic silencer for positive displacement blowers.
- Erin HermanVP of R&D and EngineeringErin graduated from the University of Saskatchewan with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. The leader of the Quickthree design team, Erin is integral in the design, development and manufacture of all Quickthree innovations. Prior to the launch of Quickthree, Erin provided consulting services to the oil and gas service industry through Hermco Enterprises Inc. (Hermco). Hermco consulted primarily in the area of site optimization and oil and gas service equipment design with a client list that included one of the world's largest oilfield service companies. From 2005 to 2009 Erin was the Vice President of Sandcastle Enterprises Ltd. (Sandcastle). Sandcastle developed and manufactured an innovative sand silo with the associated patent ultimately being acquired.
- Don StephanDirector of Sales
Garnered over 34 years of work and training, Don brings experience to Quickthree team that is deep and diverse. Since 1995 Don has been based in Calgary working to assist manufacturers and service companies in the building, improving and servicing of industrial equipment. Don spent 15 years with the Wajax group of companies; Kinecor, as Territory Sales and Branch Manager and then as OEM Accounts Manager with Waterous Power Systems.
- Mike CrabtreeChairman of the Board
Mr. Crabtree is currently the VP Energy at Saskatchewan Research Council, a government agency that provides world class research, design and development consulting services to industry. He comes to Quickthree with a wealth of experience gained in oilfield and related businesses encompassing operations through to management. He has over 25 years of experience managing oilfield businesses, including senior positions with Schlumberger, one of the world’s largest oil service industry players. He has an exceptional record of combining green energy and environmental sensitivities with new technologies. His business acumen involves driving revenue, profit and shareholder value growth; developing and bringing traditional and innovative chemical and engineering technologies for maximizing production from traditional and unconventional oil and gas resources.
- Michael MeekinsDirectorMichael is a co-founder of Westbridge Capital Ltd., a Canadian private equity firm. He has served as President & CEO of Westbridge since 2007. For the two decades prior to the formation of Westbridge, Michael was actively involved in the Canadian telecommunications industry, initially as Vice President of WorldxChange Communications and finally as President & CEO of Modern Digital Communications Inc. Michael was a finalist in the 2003 Ernst & Young, Entrepreneur of the Year awards and is actively involved on the board of a number of private companies in diverse industries.
- Dan KemmerDirector
Dan is the founder, President and CEO of Canadian Tarpaulin Manufacturers Ltd. in Saskatoon. Over the last 33 years Dan has built Canadian Tarpaulin into a thriving enterprise serving both domestic and international markets.
Dan is a founding shareholder of Westbridge Capital Ltd., and sits on the boards of a number of other private companies.
- Jim Hutch, P.Eng.DirectorJim is a graduate from the University of Saskatchewan. He is a registered and practicing Professional Engineer. Mr. Hutch started Hutchtech Consulting Inc. after retiring from a 12 year career as leader at the Saskatchewan Research Council. He has been, and continues to be involved in the development of, and investment in, enterprises involving entrepreneurs, innovation and technology commercialisation. He serves in leading positions in professional engineering organizations, advisory boards, and boards of directors. He is active in national, provincial and local affairs. Mr. Hutch served on the Goldcorp Inc. Board of Directors from 1998 to 2004. He was Lead Director, Chaired the Independent Directors Committee and Chaired the Health, Safety, and Environment Committee. Jim has been honoured as a Distinguished Graduate, University of Saskatchewan, College of Engineering. In 1987 he received the Distinguished Service Award, highest award presented by the Association of Professional Engineers of Saskatchewan.